Bacon wrapped chicken, does it get any better? I think those words go together perfectly, a magically combination, don’t you think?
Then you dunk those bacon wrapped chicken pieces in coconut sugar, chili powder, smoked paprika, and bake them til they are caramelized. Now you have a smokey, sweet and savory appetizer or entree. Just perfection!
These bacon wrapped chicken bits will knock your socks off! I promise you, they are so good. I have yet to meet someone who doesn’t close their eyes and smile as they take a bite. The look of pure food euphoria.
When my gang sees bacon wrapped chicken coming out of the oven, I am constantly swatting hands away from my hot pan! I can barely get them on the table before they are swarming in to devour these amazing little bites of sweet, smokey heaven.
Then they will then load their plate up and look to see if anyone noticed. You won’t want to share these delicious little bites of Bacon Wrapped Chicken heaven.
Dip them in a little ranch or blue cheese dressing and your life might just be complete. Don’t tell me I am exaggerating until you try them for yourself. 🙂
The appetizer or entree has 5 simple ingredients and I bet you already have most of them in your fridge or pantry.
I love to make these for a quick meal and serve them with my Steamed Green Beans and Roasted Veggies for dinner.
I prefer easy, simple appetizers for parties. These will surely fit the bill! Serve them along side my Roasted Pimento Cheese Dip, Pizza Dip, and Stuffed Mushrooms and your happy hour is done!
Check the TIPS FOR SUCCESS FOR SUGAR SUBSITUTIONS
Step by step instructions
- First, cut chicken into 1 inch cube pieces.
- Second, cut your package of packed into thirds.
- Then mix together your coconut sugar (brown sugar works also), chili powder and smoked paprika in a bowl.
- Wrap a pice of chicken with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Dunk the chicken/bacon piece in the coconut sugar mixture.
- Place bacon wrapped chicken pieces on a wire rack inside a baking sheet
- Bake in the oven 350 degrees for 30-32 minutes.
You can buy coconut sugar in almost all grocery stores now. Here is a link in case you can’t find any.
Tips for success
- KETO? Substitute the coconut sugar for a keto approved sugar.
- You can easily substitute the coconut sugar for brown sugar.
- Make sure you line your baking sheet with parchment paper. This will help collect the bacon grease. It will make your clean up much easier.
- Even though the bacon pieces looks small, it will stretch. This makes the package of bacon go further and the smaller pieces will crisp up in the oven.
Why coconut sugar? Here is an article explaining the difference between coconut sugar and regular sugar. It is just a bit better for you then regular sugar. A small win…. is a win in my book!
How to store leftovers
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
How to reheat leftovers
Preferred Method: Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees. Place Bacon Wrapped Chicken on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and reheat for about 10 minutes or until nice and warm. The bacon will crisp back up.
Microwave: Place bacon wrapped chicken pieces on a microwave safe plate and reheat for 60-90 seconds. The bacon will not get as crispy as the oven.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you tried the bacon wrapped chicken, please let a comment and rate below.
Try out some of my other recipes:
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe
- Wire rack
- Baking sheet
- Tooth picks
- 1.5 pounds Chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 package bacon 12 ounces
- 2/3 cup Coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and then place wire rack on top.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cube pieces. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Mix coconut sugar, chili powder, and smoked paprika together in a bowl.
- Open bacon and slice bacon into thirds. (Each piece will become 3 small pieces).
- Take a piece of chicken and wrap a small piece of bacon around it. Place tooth pick in the seam to make sure they are wrapped together. Dunk the pieces into the coconut sugar mixture. Coat really well and place on wire rack. Repeat this process until all pieces have been wrapped with bacon.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-33 minutes.
- You can substitute coconut sugar for brown sugar. I feel coconut sugar is a better option and most stores carry it in the baking isle.
- If you have any leftover chicken pieces, dunk them in the coconut sugar mixture and place on the baking sheet. They still taste good 🙂
I am definitely giving this one a try.
Kelly Rodrigue says
Yay! Let me know what you think! 🙂