This Chocolate Chia Pudding is decadent and delicious!
This pudding is pure chocolate heaven with a thick mousse texture. Best of all, pure and simple ingredients make this the easiest in dessert options.
It so creamy, smooth, and indulgent but loaded with nutrients. You can eat this feeling good while making your chocolate dreams come true!
Chia Seeds make the best base for a healthy pudding recipe. It will thickened up your dessert beautifully. Add that with some maple syrup, coconut milk, cacao, chocolate, vanilla, and avocado. Holy Moly pure dessert coma!
Before I lose you with the avocado, you cannot taste it one bit! If you absolutely can’t even imagine that in your pudding, you can leave it out. 🙂
I just love the extra creaminess, texture and nutrients it provides. My kiddos were not convinced until they took their first time and then no one even remembered that I snuck that in there. A complete mom win!
With real ingredients, you will never know this pudding actually has some great healthy ingredients. Who knew vegan and non-dairy desserts could be so amazing and delicious?
The best part? No cooking!! This is such a great dessert that even your kiddos can make. My kids love to cook and sometimes I just don’t want the mess. This is a perfect no bake recipe. All you need is a high speed blender.
Oh my doesn’t that look yummy!! I topped this Chocolate Chia Pudding with my whipped cream, added some fresh berries and my dessert life is now complete. All the chocolate lover’s said, “Amen!”
Did I mention this is nondairy, Vegan and Paleo! Say what??!! Yup now you can feel really good about this dessert!
Alright let’s whip up this Chocolate Chia Pudding!
Step by step instructions
- Add all the ingredients, except chocolate chips, to the high speed blender. Coconut milk, chia seeds, cacao, vanilla, maple syrup, and avocado. (Before I lose my non-avocado eaters, you can leave this out. I love it for the extra creaminess and nutrients.
- Place chocolate chips in the microwave for about 30 seconds to soften them up a bit.
- Add them to the blender and blend on high for 2 minutes.
- Pour the Chocolate Chia Pudding into containers and wrap with plastic wrap. Let them chill for about 3-4 hours. This is the hardest part…..waiting!!
Tips for Success
- Remember you can leave the avocado out of this recipe. You cannot taste it at all. It just adds extra creaminess to the pudding. But if the thought just throws you for a loop (haha), no worries.
- Make sure you chocolate is soft and starting to melt. You want to make sure you do not have clumps of chocolate.
- The chia seeds will be pulverized and you will not be able to tell that they are in the pudding. This is the thickening agent.
- Let the blender do its magic and it is so simple.
Are chia seeds healthy?
Holy moly, yes they are! Chia seeds have so many health benefits. Here is a fantastic article on 11 healthy benefits of Chia seeds. They add such great nutrients without a lot of calories. They are loaded with anti-oxidants, protein, and Omega 3 to just name a few.
Chia Seeds are perfect to sprinkle over yogurt, add to granola, breads, and even salads. An easy food to incorporate to your diet.
Difference between cacao and cocoa
There is a big difference between cacao and cocoa. It is the easiest substitute. Just buy the different bag in the grocery store!
Not only is cacao so much healthier it also has a deeper chocolate taste! I mean why would you ever want anything else. 🙂
I use cacao in ALL my baking, protein smoothes, pudding recipes, and hot chocolate. Anytime a recipe calls for cocoa just switch for cacao. A simple substitution but now you have added another superfood to your day.
Did you know there is a difference between Cocoa and Cacao. Cacao is SO good for you! Check out this article to make the switch in your baked goods and smoothies! You can find this in all grocery stores!!
How to store leftovers
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
I hope you liked this recipe for Chocolate Chia Pudding, please leave me a comment and review if you have tried it.
Please check out some of my other recipes:
Chocolate Chia Pudding Recipe
- High Speed Blender
- 1 can Full fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons Cacao
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chips
- Add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips into the high speed blender.
- Place chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and microwave 30 seconds to soften the chocolate. Add the chocolate to the blender.
- Blend on high for 2 minutes. Transfer pudding to glass bowls and cover with plastic wrap. Place them in the fridge for 3-4 hours to set.
- If you do not care for avocados you can leave them out. I like the extra creaminess and nutrients it provides. You cannot taste the avocado!
- The chia seeds act like a binding agent so you cannot omit those from the recipe.
Leave a Reply