I just love then a quick and easy recipe just comes together! My gluten free French Toast Casserole is the perfect example. Five minute prep time and 25 minutes to cake and you have a fabulous breakfast casserole.
My family had their doubts until the smell from the oven prompted them to the kitchen to see what smelled so good!
Gluten free and Dairy Free French Toast Casserole got raving reviews by the littles (well not so little kids anymore) and my hubby. I got “the look” and “the nod” that this was blog worthy. It’s such a thing in my house. 🙂
This is not overly sweet but has the texture of bread and finishes with the yummy spice of cinnamon. This has comfort breakfast written all over it!
The bonus is all the ingredients are put into a blender and thats it! Easy, peasy.
Step by step instructions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt ghee (butter) in a 9X13 pan.
- In a blender pour wet ingredients in first. (Almond milk, eggs and vanilla.)
- Next place your dry ingredients into the blender. (Gluten free 1:1 ratio flour, salt, sugar, and cinnamon.)
- Blend on high speed for about 30-45 seconds.
- Pour mixture into the pan with the melted ghee (butter).
- Then sprinkle additional cinnamon on top of the batter. I also sprinkle a little extra sugar. You know for a little “extra measure”.
- Finally place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. This will puff up a lot and then fall after it has cooled some.
The perfect gluten free, dairy free French Toast Casserole. Oh so good!!
Tips for success
- Make sure to swirl the butter around the pan. This will help to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the dish.
- My 2 favorite gluten free 1:1 ration flours are King Arthur and Bob Mill. I have tried both flours and they were great! (1:1 flour means the same amount as regular flour.)
- I love my high speed Vitamix blender. If you do not have a high speed blender make sure to blend on high for 45-60 seconds. We want to make sure these eggs have been nice and whipped!
How to store and reheat leftovers
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To reheat leftovers, place in a toaster oven and toast until nice and warm.
I hope you enjoyed this gluten free, dairy free French Toast Casserole. If you have tried it please leave a comment below. I would also love for you to pin the recipe and follow along with me on social media.
Here are some other easy breakfast recipes:
French Toast Casserole Recipe
- 9 X 13 Pan
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Gluten free 1:1 flour
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoon Ghee (Butter)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt butter in a 9 X 13 pan. Place wet ingredients in the blender (almond milk, eggs, and vanilla)
- Then add the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon). Blend on high speed for 30-45 seconds.
- Pour batter into buttered dish. Lightly sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- If you are not using a high speed blender like a vitamix or blend tec, make sure to blend for 45-60 seconds. We want to make sure the eggs have been nice and whipped.
- This dish will puff up a lot while cooking. It will deflate after it comes out of the oven.
- You can reheat leftovers in the toaster oven. Just reheat until nice and warm.