Gluten Free Chicken Picatta was an ABSOLUTE hit in my house. This recipe was not only gluten free but also dairy free! You read that right. 🙂
This dish was so simply and so easy! As always, I have the busy family in mind when I wrote this recipe.
Fresh and simple ingredients make this Gluten Free Chicken Picatta dish quick to whip up!
The creamy, lemon sauce was just perfect. This gluten free chicken picatta was topped with capers which made our taste buds sing. This dinner was done is under 30 minutes!
It has already been a repeat in our house. I think I said 10 times “Stop eating so fast!” They couldn’t get enough of this Gluten Free Chicken Picatta.
Try this recipe on one of those nights when you need a quick dinner and want to be everyone’s hero!
Step by step instructions
- Mix the sauce ingredients (chicken broth, coconut cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, dijon, and spices) together in a vitamix and blend to make sure everything is incorporated. After mixing set aside.
- Place chicken on parchment paper and add salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder.
- Preheat your skillet on medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to your pan and get it nice and hot.
- Place cassava flour in a bowl and dredge the chicken front and back.
- Place chicken in the heated pan and cook for 2 minutes on both sides.
- Pour sauce into the pan after cooking for 4 minutes.
- Finally, cook 4 minutes on each side. The sauce will thicken up. Add capers and parsley at the end. Serve this Gluten Free Chicken Picatta hot!
Tips for success
- Make sure you get coconut cream and not coconut milk. It will be thick.
- Placing all the ingredients in a blender is to make sure everything is blended together.
- Cassava flour is so easy to find in stores these days. Walmart, Costco and local stores carry it. If not you can use this Cassava Flour from Amazon. This flour will also help to thicken up the sauce.
- I added some ramen noodles and Roasted Asparagus to this dish to make a complete meal.
How to store and reheat leftovers
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheat leftovers in the microwave.
I hope you enjoyed this Gluten Free Chicken Picatta. Please rate and leave a comment below if you have tried the recipe.
Check out some other easy entrees:
Gluten Free Chicken Picatta Recipe
- 1.25 pound Thin Chicken Breast
- 1 cup Chicken Broth
- 1/3 cup Cassava flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream
- 1/4 cup Capers
- 2 teaspoon Dijon
- 1 lemon (juiced and zested)
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt divided
- 1 teaspoon Pepper divided
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder divided
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder divided
- Parsley optional
- Add chicken broth, coconut cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, dijon, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder to a blender. Blend for 15 seconds or until everything is blended and smooth. Set aside
- Place raw chicken on parchment paper. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon onion powder over the chicken.
- Place skillet on medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a skillet (cast iron preferred).
- While oil is heating up, place cassava flour in a bowl. Dredge chicken (both sides) in the cassava flour. Place floured chicken into the heated pan. Cook each side 2 minutes (Total of 4 minutes).
- Add the lemon cream sauce to the pan. Keep the heat on medium and cook each side for an additional four minutes (8 minutes total). Add capers. Make sure to stir the cream sauce around. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot!
- Make sure you are using coconut cream and not coconut milk. The cream is nice and thick.
- The cassava flour is a great coating to sear the chicken but also helps to thicken the sauce.
- Make sure to stir the sauce to get the brown bits off the pan to help thicken the sauce.
Jeanette Morris says
I made this chicken dish tonight for my husbandand myself. It was easy and delicious. Great flavor combinations. I made 4 pieces and there is only 1/2 leftover. I told you it was good. 😋
Kelly Rodrigue says
I am so happy you liked this dish! Thank you for letting me know!
Kristi Pearson says
Super easy and amazing!
Kelly Rodrigue says
I am so happy you liked it!