Nothing beats a warm gooey chocolate chip cookie as it comes out of the oven. Can’t you just taste it now? Well, these chewy gluten free chocolate chip cookies are what dreams are made of!
The simple, straightforward, no-chill dough makes this recipe so easy to make. There’s chocolate chip goodness in every bite!
These Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies are off the charts! So much so that I was swatting hands as I was trying to take pictures. I had 2 kids and a husband that I had to fight off!
They have the perfect texture, taste and sweetness you want in a chocolate chip cookie. They are soft and chewy and loaded with chocolate chips!
The best part….It’s GLUTEN FREE!! But shhhh, no one will know the difference.
Everyone needs a good cookie recipe in their recipe box and this one will deliver every single time. Trust me, I made 6 different variations and this by far was the BEST!! My waistline can tell you. This blogging business can be tough! Ha! Just kidding 🙂
But being serious, gluten free baking can be rough especially when you want to try and put a “healthier” twist on it. I wouldn’t classify this as a healthy cookie but I know your kids will be so happy to have fresh baked Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies come out of that oven!
My girlfriend who is a professional baker said, “This is the best chocolate chip cookie I have ever eaten.” People, I about cried!
You also need to check out my GLUTEN FREE ICE CREAM SANDWICHES!! Oh yes, just keep scrolling to the bottom to check them out!
Now go make some Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies! 🙂
Step by step instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove butter from the fridge, make sure it is room temperature. In a mixing bowl, add room temperature butter, coconut sugar, sugar, vanilla, and egg.
- Beat on medium speed until it is nice and smooth.
- Add gluten free 1:1 flour and baking soda to the bowl.
- Mix the flour until you have a nice cookie batter. Next add chocolate chips to the batter.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Take about a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball. Place on the baking sheet. Flatten the ball just a bit.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on the warm tray for 2-3 minutes. Enjoy your Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Tips for success
- One of the great things about this cookie dough is that there is no need to chill it before baking! We achieve this by using room temperature butter which will help them to hold their shape while baking instead of falling flat. That’s why it’s so important that the butter is not melted when you mix the ingredients.
- Use melted butter if you want a crispy cookie.
- Do not over mix your batter, mix until it just comes together. If you over mix the dough it will give you a tougher cookie instead of nice soft and chewy one.
- I like to use Bob Mill 1:1 Baking Flour or King Arthur’s Gluten Free Measure to Measure Flour. Most main grocery stores will carry one of these brands. If not you can use those links in blue.
How to store your cookies
- Once your cookies have cooled and IF you have any left over (Ha!!), place the cookies in a glass or plastic container and store in the fridge.
- To reheat, place in the microwave for about 20 seconds and you will have a nice warm, chocolate gooey cookie once again!
- I personally don’t like to leave my cookies on the counter, I just find that the fridge is the best to maintain the fresh taste of the cookie.
- Cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months wrapped tightly in plastic wrap.
How to make gluten free ice cream sandwiches
Oh yes! We have missed these so much in the past and now we you can make this delicious gluten free ice cream sandwiches at home!
I mean seriously, does that get any better? So simple and you can stuff them with your favorite dairy or non-dairy ice cream! Pure cookie perfection.
A few easy steps and it is done!
- First place cookies in the freezer for about 30 minutes. You want a good firm base. Take a big scoop of ice cream and place it on your cookie.
- Place another semi-frozen cookie on top.
- Repeat process depending on how many Gluten Free Ice Cream Sandwiches you would like to make.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Place your ice cream sandwiches on the baking sheet and place in the freezer for about 2 hours. Then enjoy!!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe for Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies and Gluten free Ice Cream Sandwiches. Please leave a comment and review below if you have tried this recipe.
Check out of some my other desserts:
Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Baking Sheets
- Hand Mixer
- 1 1/3 cup Gluten Free Flour 1:1 Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 stick Butter (Room Temperature)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips
- Remove a stick of butter from the fridge. Your butter MUST be room temperature (this is important).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, add coconut sugar, sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla. With a handheld mixer, beat these ingredients until they are nice and smooth. This should take about a minute. Add flour and baking soda and mix again. Mix until you get a thick cookie batter. Do not over mix! Add chocolate chips and fold them into the batter. Try not to over mix the chocolate chips as well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Once you add 12 cookies to the pan, flatten each one down just a little. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Repeat for leftover cookie dough. This will make 24 regular size cookies.
- Remove from oven and let cool about 2-3 minutes on the warm pan. Enjoy!
- I use a Gluten Free 1:1 Ratio Flour. Make sure to look for that when shopping. My favorites are Bob Mill and King Arthur.
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature. This is important.
- You can easily make this dairy free by using ghee instead of butter and using dairy free chocolate chips like Enjoy Life.
- Gluten Free flour can be tricky. I like to flatten the dough just a bit to make sure that I have a perfect round mid height cookie. Not a ball and not flat as a pancake:)