Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Dutch Baby is a simple and quick breakfast. BUT it is absolutely amazing!
Cinnamon/sugar, raisins, soft french toast taste and a warm vanilla glaze make this a delicious breakfast treat!
Imagine a cross between french toast, pancake, and a popover with the taste of a cinnamon roll. Plus, it is all gluten free and even dairy free! I know, right??!!
The flavors of this just pop. You can taste them all! Cinnamon, crispy sugar crust, sweet soft raisins, and the vanilla glaze are what dreams are made of. Amazingly de-lish!
This is a divine breakfast dish. It is so easy. A 5 minute prep and a 25 minute bake time and it is on your table! I just love a simple recipe.
I love to host brunch at the house. It is a fun twist on entertaining. Set up a yummy coffee bar with lots of options and even a juice bar. Have a Bloody Mary station along with some mimosas and your friends and family will love you forever. Such simple ideas but looks and sounds so fancy. 🙂
My motto is keep it simple when entertaining. I serve this Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Dutch baby along with my Egg Sausage Casserole or Gluten Free Quiche, Gluten Free Biscuits or Gluten Free blueberry Muffins and a beautiful fruit salad. I guarantee your guests will talk about that brunch for weeks!
All the recipes are simple, easy, quick, and of course all gluten free! My motto when cooking in the kitchen. And I promise no one will know they are eating a gluten free breakfast.
Alrighty let’s get this yummy Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll dutch baby made and in the oven before your gang wakes up!
Step by step instructions
- First, Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place melted butter in your cast iron skillet or 9X13 pan. (If you are using a cast iron skillet you can just heat it on the stove). Leave the butter in the pan.
- Next place eggs, almond milk (milk of choice), and vanilla into your high speed blender and blend for 20-30 seconds. This will make the eggs fluffy and put some air into them.
- Then add 1:1 ratio gluten free flour (I used King Arthurs measure to measure for this dish), salt, sugar, and cinnamon and blend for an additional 15-20 seconds.
- Pour into your greased pan.
- In a separate bowl, add raisins and a teaspoon of gluten free 1:1 ratio flour. Mix to combine, you do not want the raisins to sink to the bottom.
- Add the raisins to the top of the dish.
- Optional: Sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar and a 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon over the top for a crispy finish.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Check at 20 minutes, all oven can vary.
- Remove from the oven. Like traditional Dutch babies, they will rise like crazy and puff up. Once you remove them from the oven the puffed up area will lower.
- While the Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Dutch Baby is baking, you can make your vanilla glaze. In a glass bowl add powdered sugar, almond milk (milk of choice), and vanilla. Stir until you have a nice smooth glaze. Drizzle over the top. Slice and serve nice and warm!
Tips for success
- DAIRY FREE Dutch baby: This dish can be made completely dairy free, substitute the butter for ghee or a vegan butter substitute.
- If you are not dairy free you can use regular milk and butter in this dish. It will not taste any different.
- You can use a hand held mixer if you do not have a high speed blender. Place the hand held mixer on medium speed, beat the wet ingredients first. Beat the eggs until they are nice and frothy. Then add the dry ingredients and mix for another 60 seconds. Continue with the same instructions above.
- If you do not like raisins, you can leave them out.
- We like to add chopped pecans but you can add whatever toppings you and your family enjoy.
- The vanilla glaze is so easy to make. Three simple ingredients. This is purely optional but if you ask my family they will completely disagree with me. Ha!
- I like to poke the top of the Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Dutch Baby with a fork to create small holes so the glaze coats and creates “pockets” of delicious vanilla glaze.
- Finally drizzle that glaze all over the top and spread it all around.
How to store and reheat leftovers
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Microwave: Place the Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Dutch Baby on a microwave safe plate. Heat for 15-20 seconds or until nice and warm
Oven: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Put the dutch baby on the parchment paper and reheat for 3-5 minutes or until it is nice and warm all the way through.
I hope you have enjoyed my version of a Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Dutch Baby. If you have tried this recipe, please leave a comment or review.
Check out some of my other breakfast recipes:
Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Dutch Baby
- 9 X 13 Pan or Cast Iron Skillet
Cinnamon Roll Dutch Baby
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 cup Gluten free 1:1 flour + 1 teaspoon
- 1/3 cup Sugar + 1 Tablespoon (crispy sugar crust, 1 Tablespoon is optional)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon + 1/4 teaspoon (1/4 teaspoon for dusting the top before baking)
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 3 tablespoon Ghee (Butter)
- 1/3 cup Raisins (packed)
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons Almond milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt butter in a 9 X 13 pan or cast iron skillet. Place wet ingredients in the blender (almond milk, eggs, and vanilla)
- Then add the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon). Blend on high speed for 30-45 seconds.
- In a small bowl add raisins and sprinkle with flour. This will help them not sink to the bottom of the dish.
- Pour batter into buttered dish and sprinkle with raisins. Lightly dust the top with sugar (optional). Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While the Dutch Baby is baking, in a glass bowl add powdered sugar, vanilla extract and almond milk. Stir until it is nice and smooth
- Once the Cinnamon Roll Dutch Baby has finished baking, remove from the oven. Drizzle the glaze down on top. Serve nice and warm.