These gluten free pancakes are the most requested recipe from my kids! Even their friends request this every time they spend the night.
They referred to these pancakes as “hotel” pancakes. My kids say they taste like the pancakes when we travel. I have no idea what they mean! Haha!!
I just know that I have been making these for years and for dozens of kids, gluten and gluten free. They are always a hit!
I love these gluten free pancakes because they are also Paleo so I know my kids are getting a protein packed breakfast with ingredients I can pronounce!
What is even better is that you can whip these gluten free pancakes up in no time flat. I make these on weekdays and weekends.
Step by step instructions
- In a bowl combine your dry ingredients (almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, and baking soda)
- In a separate bowl combine your wet ingredients (eggs, coconut milk, and vanilla). Whisk everything together.
- Combine the 2 bowls together and mix well.
- If you have a griddle, place the griddle on 325 degrees. Cook the pancakes until they start to bubble (2-3 minutes).
- Flip the pancakes and cook another 2-3 minutes. They will have a slight rise once you cook them on the other side.
Now go and enjoy those beautiful paleo, gluten free pancakes!!
Tips for success
- Remember these are grain free and also paleo. They don’t rise like typical pancakes but I promise the flavor and texture is so yummy!!
- My daughter likes to put peanut butter on hers, roll them up and dunk them in maple syrup. She is a girl after my own heart!
- You can also add whatever you like to them (chocolate chips, nuts, strawberries, etc)
- I use full fat coconut milk for these pancakes. I like the richness it adds to the batter. You can substitute this for whatever you have in the house.
How to store and reheat leftovers
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheat leftovers in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
Ever wonder what the hype is over a Paleo Diet? This is a great article on the health benefits. We incorporate a lot of these principals in our house.
I hope you enjoyed my families favorite version of Gluten Free Pancakes. If you have tried them please comment below.
Please try some of my other recipes.
Gluten Free Pancakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 1/2 cup Tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup Coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon Coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Preheat the griddle to 325 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl add the almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, coconut flour, and baking soda.
- In another bowl mix the eggs, coconut milk, and vanilla together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and whisk to remove any lumps. You should have a nice smooth pancake batter.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter onto the griddle. Cook for 3 minutes or until bubbles start to form. Flip your pancake and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Cool on a cooling rack.
- If you do not have a griddle you can use your stovetop. Heat your pan with a little butter or nonstick spray on medium heat. Following cooking instructions above.
- You can also add chocolate chips, strawberries, bananas, nuts, or whatever “topping” you would like. Just add them once you put them on the griddle. Sprinkle it on top before you flip and cook the other side.
Leave a Reply