A savory, custard egg dish with all the fresh, delicious flavors. Soft, billowy eggs and scrumptious ingredients make this the perfect Gluten Free Quiche.
This quiche is just divine! Ham, Swiss cheese, roasted red peppers, spring onions, fresh dill and the spice of dijon will make your taste buds dance. Truly a delicious breakfast.
So easy to make, and the secret? A store bought, gluten free flakey crust that makes this an amazing option for brunch.
Simple everyday ingredients can turn into a beautiful, delightful breakfast. It will wow your family and guests. A perfect Gluten Free Quiche!
Pair this with a delicious fruit salad and my Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls or Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Dutch Baby and your brunch is complete. This is perfect for the holidays or just a simple meal with your family.
For years I didn’t make quiche because gluten free crusts were nonexistent. Now there are so many good options for us gluten free folks! These crusts make it nice and easy to enjoy this classic dish once again!
THERE IS ALSO A DAIRY FREE and CRUST FREE VERSION IN THE TIPS FOR SUCCESS SECTION.
Alright let’s get to the directions to make this Gluten Free Quiche. 🙂
Step by step instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove the quiche crust from the freezer. The crust needs to defrost on the counter.
- Chop ham, roasted red peppers, cheese and spring onions into small pieces, making sure they are a similar size.
- Mince the fresh dill and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add your eggs, cream, dijon, salt and pepper. Mix until everything is completely combined.
- Evenly arrange the ham, cheese, roasted red peppers, and spring onions, into the bottom of the unbaked pie crust.
- Pour the egg mixture over top of these ingredients and top with the fresh dill.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes. Make sure the middle of your quiche is set. It will be nice and soft to touch. Serve warm.
Tips for success
- DAIRY FREE Option: Instead of Half and Half use canned coconut milk. In place of the Swiss cheese you can use a non-dairy shredded cheese. Use the same baking instructions.
- CRUST FREE Option: If you want a low carb version of this dish you can omit the crust. You can use a small 8 inch pie pan. Grease the pan and follow the cooking instructions above.
- The Gluten free quiche crusts are found in the freezer section along with the “normal” pie crusts.
- My favorite frozen pie crust is Wholly Wholesome. Most major grocery stores carry this brand.
- You can substitute the dill for parsley. We just love the dill with the dijon. Adding fresh herbs to any dish makes it taste delicious and gives it a fresh flavor. If you do not have fresh herbs you can use 1/2 teaspoon dried dill or dried parsley.
- You can also make this quiche the day before. Let it cool on the counter and then wrap with foil or plastic wrap. You can reheat in the oven (see reheating instructions below).
How to store
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Microwave: Reheat (single serving) leftovers on a microwave safe plate for 60 seconds.
Oven: Place Gluten Free Quiche in the oven at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until completely heated through.
I hope you liked my version of Gluten Free Quiche. If you have tried this recipe, please let me a comment and review below. Thank you 🙂
Here are a few other breakfast recipes you might enjoy!
Gluten Free Quiche
- Baking sheet
- 1 Frozen gluten free pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup (packed) Sliced ham
- 1/2 cup Sliced Swiss cheese (If dairy free use dairy free shredded cheese)
- 1/2 cup Half & Half (If dairy free use canned coconut milk)
- 1/3 cup Spring Onions
- 1/4 cup Roasted Red Peppers
- 1 tablespoon Dill
- 2 teaspoons Dijon
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Remove the pie crust from the freezer. We want to slightly defrost the crust.
- Slice ham, cheese, and roasted red peppers into small pieces. Also chop spring onions into small pieces and mince fresh dill. Set aside.
- In a bowl, mix eggs, half & half, dijon, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add ham, cheese, spring onions, and roasted red peppers to the bottom of the pie crust. Spread it around evenly. Pour the egg mixture over the eggs. Sprinkle the dill over the top of the dish.
- Place quiche on the baking sheet and cook in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Serve immediately.
- DAIRY FREE Option: Instead of the Half and Half use canned coconut milk. In place of the Swiss cheese you can use a non-dairy shredded cheese. Use the same baking instructions.
- CRUST FREE Option: If you want a low carb version of this dish you can omit the crust. You a small 8 inch pie pan. Grease the pan and follow the cooking instructions above.