This amazing gluten free Honey Garlic Chicken has a sweet, sticky sauce that cooks up in minutes and bubbles to perfection!
This is a simple, gluten free recipe that your family will love. It is a perfect chicken recipe to keep in your dinner rotation for busy nights!
Here is what I love most about this entree. It is easy, uses simple pantry ingredients and I can have this chicken dinner on the table in under 30 minutes.
This mama said “Hallelujah”!
This honey garlic sauce takes an ordinary chicken breast recipe to a whole new level. It has an Asian inspired feel to the dish that reminds me of the honey garlic chicken at the Chinese restaurant we used to love.
Trust me, my kids were over the moon excited about this dish. I think sometimes they dream about the “good old days” aka the pre-gluten free days! Ha!! It is really that good!
I also made this Honey Garlic Chicken for my parents along with my Instant Pot rice and steamed green beans. They couldn’t stop raving about it! These kind of reactions make me so happy, I might have smiled throughout the entire dinner.
Let’s get to cooking!
Step by step instructions
- In a mixing bowl add the sauce ingredients (chicken broth, honey, grated garlic cloves, rice wine vinegar, mustard, thyme and salt). Mix well.
- Place chicken on parchment paper and pat dry.
- Add salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to the chicken.
In a glass bowl add cassava flour, coat each piece of chicken in the cassava flour.
- Place your skillet on medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil to the pan. Once heated, add the chicken breasts to the pan. Pan sear the chicken for 2 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and sear another 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside. Pour sauce into the pan and scrape up all the pieces from the chicken.
- Place chicken back in the skillet and cook 4 minutes per side.
- Your sauce will thickened as the chicken cooks. Serve your gluten free Honey Garlic Chicken immediately!
You could also serve it with a side of roasted veggies and drizzle the extra sauce on top!
Tips for success
- Cassava Flour is a gluten free flour that is so easy to find in the stores. It makes for a perfect coating to your chicken as well as a thickening agent for the sauce.
- You can also find Cassava flour on Amazon.
- I have also found Carrington Cassava flour at Walmart and other grocery stores.
- Fresh thyme can be substituted with dry thyme. Use a half teaspoon instead of a full teaspoon.
How to store and reheat leftovers
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheat in the microwave for 90 seconds or place on the stove top to get nice and crispy again. Place skillet on medium heat and cook until it is heated to desired temperature.
Please check out some of my other chicken recipes:
I promise this gluten free Honey Garlic Chicken will be a hit in your house also. The sticky, sweet simmered sauce with your chicken will have them pleased every single time.
A few staple pantry items and this dinner can be made in a jiffy!
I hope you enjoyed this gluten free Honey Garlic Chicken. If you have tried this recipe please leave a comment and review below.
Honey Garlic Chicken
- 1 1/4 pound Chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup Cassava flour
- 1/3 cup Honey
- 1/3 cup Chicken broth
- 4-5 pieces Garlic
- 3 tablespoons Rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Yellow Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoon Avocado Oil (oil of choice)
- Grate garlic with a grater or garlic press.
- In a glass bowl add the sauce ingredients (honey, chicken broth, grated garlic, rice wine vinegar, yellow mustard, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon salt). Set aside.
- Place chicken on parchment paper and pat dry. Add salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to your chicken.
- In another glass bowl add the cassava flour. Coat the chicken on both sides.
- Place your skillet on medium heat and add oil to the pan. Once oil is heated, place chicken in the pan and cook for 2 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside. Place sauce in the pan and scrap up the pieces on the bottom of the pan. Then add chicken back to the pan.
- Cook chicken an additional 4 minutes per side. Serve right away!
- You can find cassava flour in almost all grocery stores these days. If you cannot find it, amazon sells it also.
- The cassava flour helps to coat the chicken as well as to thicken the sauce.