This is an absolute must try marinade for chicken! Honey Lime Chicken is a fan favorite and one of my most popular simple recipes!
This chicken in tender, juicy and down right delicious. The honey, lime, mayo and garlic will make this chicken a perfect 10 every single time!
Four staple kitchen ingredients and you can make this easy and simple mouth watering recipe.
This honey lime marinade takes about 5-10 minutes to make and then your work is done.
I love that this chicken recipe hits all the favorites. Sweet, tangy and I sprinkle a finishing salt over the top! Absolutely Delicious!
This recipe is requested at every BBQ I attend! I have also turned this chicken dish into kabobs, which makes for a perfect and easy gluten free appetizer!
Taco Tuesday night? Honey Lime Chicken will turn ordinary tacos into incredible tacos. Drizzle some leftover sauce and your meal will explode with flavor!
This grilled chicken is also perfect on salads, enchiladas, burritos, tacos, or paired with some awesome roasted veggies!
Does your family prefer chicken thighs? You can easily swap the chicken breasts out for chicken thighs.
I was trying to find a quick and easy dinner dish and wanted to appease everyone in the fam. To my delight this lime honey marinade did the trick! There is nothing better then watching my family take their first bite and then you get that “smile”. You know what I am talk about! :). For bloggers there should be a fork drop instead of a mic drop! HeeHee!
Let’s get started with this Honey Lime Chicken!
Step by step instructions
- First mix the mayo, honey, lime, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper in a jar or glass bowl (reserve 2 tablespoons of marinade for optional dipping sauce)
- Next place chicken on parchment paper, add salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Then put chicken in a ziplock bag and pour marinade over the chicken. Store the chicken in fridge and marinate 4-6 hours.
- Finally grill your chicken on medium/low heat. (The grill should be around 350 degrees. ) Cook your chicken 8 minutes per side.
- Use a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees . (I do not care for thick chicken breasts so if you are using a thick piece of chicken you will need to adjust your cooking times by a few minutes. Your meat thermometer will come in handy!)
- Stovetop option: If you do not want to use the grill, you can use your stove top. Place skillet on medium heat. Next put a tablespoon of oil in your pan. Make sure the pan is hot and cook the chicken 8 minutes per side.
Tips for success
- Make sure your honey is fully incorporated into your marinade. You want to make sure you have a good sweet to savory ratio.
- You can use a bowl instead of a ziploc bag. I prefer the bag because it is one less thing to clean. Remember I am the lazy chef! Ha!
- Your grill should not be too hot! We have honey in the marinade so you want take it nice and slow on the grill. We do not want burnt chicken.
- The USDA says you can store chicken in a container for up to 4 days, which makes this perfect for leftovers. I’m thinking honey lime chicken enchiladas!
- Make a double batch for incredible leftovers. Thinly slice the chicken and serve on top of salads, burritos, tacos, or even enchiladas.
How to store and reheat leftovers
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
MICROWAVE: Place chicken on a microwave safe plate. Heat for 60-90 seconds or until your chicken is nice and warm.
STOVETOP: (preferred method). I like to reheat chicken on the stovetop. We preferred to slice it into thin pieces. Place chicken in a skillet and medium/low heat for about 5 minutes or until it is nice and warm throughout. You can also reheat on your stove top.
If you want some other easy chicken dishes, check out my:
I hope you like this recipe. Please rate and comment below if you have tried this Honey Lime Chicken Dish!
Honey Lime Chicken Recipe
- Measuring cups and spoon
- Plastic bag
- Garlic press or grater
- 4-6 pieces Chicken breast
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1/4 cup Chopped parsley
- 2 Limes juiced small limes
- 1 Lime zested optional
- 3 Garlic cloves grated or minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Salt (divided) 1/4 teaspoon in marinade, 1 teaspoon on chicken
- 1 1/4 teaspoon Pepper (divided) 1/4 teaspoon in marinade, 1 teaspoon on chicken
- 1 teaspoon Onion podwer
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/4 cup Sour cream optional for dipping sauce
- Combine honey, mayo, lime, parsley, garlic cloves, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a glass bar or bowl and mix really well. (Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade for sauce, this is optional)
- Line chicken on parchment paper and sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon onion powder all over your chicken
- Place chicken in a zip lock plastic bag and pour marinade over the chicken
- Refrigerate 4-6 hours
- Grill chicken on low heat (350 degrees), 8 minutes per side (we use thin chicken breasts) If you are using thick chicken breasts, make sure your meat is cooked all the way through.
- If you would like to make a dipping sauce, reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade before you pour over chicken. Combine with 1/4 cup sour cream and drizzle over chicken once it is cooked.