This is just like the fresh whipped cream recipe, every blogger has an Instant Pot Rice or stovetop rice recipe. And of course, I think mine is the best and you should only use my recipe! hahaha
But seriously this Instant Pot Rice is the easiest way to make rice. It is not just for chicken, beef, and soup recipes. This perfect rice recipe has so much flavor. You would be surprise how one ingredient can take ordinary rice and turn it up a notch. Not all rice recipes are created equal 🙂
You will not dirty up the stove. This will save you time in the kitchen! Well at least me. Never fails, the water runs over and then I have a mess on the stovetop to clean. Please tell me I am not the only one??? I may or may not be the messiest cook you have ever met!
Anyways…My family likes this easy, simple rice recipe and even my daughter “who doesn’t like rice” will goggle it up.
This Instant Pot Rice takes, all of, 8 minutes and its done. I will give you step by step simple instructions for this recipe. Well anything with the Instant Pot is easy! The rice will not stick to the bottom of the pot and makes for an easy, peasy clean up.
My husband is a south Louisiana boy so rice is a staple in our house. You might say he is a rice snob and he gives this recipe a thumbs up. This rice pairs well with lots of my dishes like Honey Garlic Chicken and Lemon Picatta.
As always, my motto…..easy, quick, and simple! Ok, here is how to make Instant Pot Rice.
Step by step instructions
- Place chicken bone broth (stock), rice, ghee (butter), and salt into the Instant Pot.
- Stir mixture to make sure the rice does not stick.
- Press the manual button for 8 minutes. (Make sure your instant pot is “sealed”.
- Once it beeps, push the release button and wait until it stops releasing pressure. Open lid and rice is done!
- Voila.…Instant Pot Rice!
Tips for success
- You can use any type broth you would like, chicken, beef, or veggie. This just gives the rice some extra flavor!
- I like to use chicken bone broth because it adds some protein to my rice. If I decide I want a meatless dinner, I know I am still getting some protein from the bone broth.
- I like to use these bone broth packets when I only need a little bit of broth. Click the link if you like to see what I use.
- Our favorite rice is Jasmine. All the stores carry this type of rice.
- I have tried lots of models of Instant Pots, this is my favorite version. I like the 8 quart because it is larger and you can make bigger meals.
How to store and reheat leftovers
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To reheat in the microwave: Use a microwave safe dish and reheat for about 60-90 seconds.
- To reheat on the stove: Use a skillet and reheat on medium/low heat until nice and warm.
I hope you enjoyed my Instant Pot Rice. If you have tried this recipe please rate and leave a comment below. Thank you 🙂
Here our a few other recipes that you might enjoy:
Instant Pot Rice
- Instant pot
- 2 cups Chicken bone broth
- 1 1/2 cups Rice (I like Jasmine rice)
- 1 tablespoon Ghee (Butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Place rice, chicken broth, ghee (butter), and salt in the Instant Pot bowl. Stir the ingredients.
- Seal your pot and press the manuel pressure button and adjust to 8 minutes.
- Once your Instant Pot beeps that it is done, release pressure.
- Serve nice and warm!
- You can use butter or ghee in your rice. I use Ghee because we try to limit our dairy.
- I like to use bone broth because it adds some protein to the rice. You can substitute for just regular chicken broth.
- Our favorite rice is Jasmine.