This Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is quick, healthy, and incredibly delicious.
Nutritious, vitamin packed soup is so easy to make with simple, everyday ingredients. A 10 minute prep time is all you need to get this amazing and fresh Instant Pot soup ready to go!
There is nothing better than a one pot meal. Simple and easy with a quick clean up.
And all the mamas out there said, “Amen”!
No matter what food goes in the Instant Pot, it always comes out tasting fantastic! Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is a classic example. So simple but healthy and so yummy!
You simply chop and pour everything into the Instant Pot and it is done. Seriously, it’s that easy!
Carrots, green beans, white sweet potatoes, kale, cauliflower rice, onions, and garlic. About all the veggies are covered in this dish. This Instant Pot Veggie Soup will be sure to fuel that body!
We like to eat a good toasty piece of bread topped with my Roasted Garlic Butter Spread with this soup. Everyone needs a good piece of gluten free bread to dunk in soups. Seriously don’t you think this should be a food law 🙂 Ha!
The flu hit our house this week and it took my daughter out! This vegetable soup totally hit the spot. Our daughter was finally able to eat and she took one bit and said, “Mommy this is the best!”. It truly made my night 🙂
That is a good endorsement when you can get your kiddos to love Vegetable Soup!
It’s the perfect meal for getting a good dose of vitamins and minerals.
Don’t have an Instant Pot? Check out the “Tips for Success” section for slow cooker instructions.
Step by step instructions
- First Chop your carrots, sweet potatoes (I used white sweet potatoes), and onions.
- Then Press the SAUTE button on the Instant Pot. Drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil and put your onions in to sweat it out and become soft (about 5 minutes). Add your garlic.
- Next add your carrots, cauliflower rice, sweet potatoes, green beans, kale, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and tomato paste.
- Add bone broth and stir your soup to get it all incorporated.
- Finally Put your lid on the Instant Pot and seal. Press the MANUAL button and set for 25 minutes. Make sure the vent is in the SEALED position.
- Once it beeps finished, manually release the pressure by turning the vent valve to the VENTING position. Give it a stir and enjoy your Vegetable Soup!
Tips for success
- You can easily find already chopped veggies at the store and make this even easier for you. This will definitely save you time if you are in a hurry!
- I bought a bag of frozen Kale that was 10 ounces. We used half the bag for this soup so 5 ounces. Sometimes frozen veggies can produce a lot of excess water. I placed the Kale on paper towels while I was chopping the other veggies. This helped absorb some of that water. I did not want to dilute the flavors of my soup.
- If your family doesn’t like kale, you can substitute with fresh spinach. After your soup has finished cooking add 3 cups of fresh spinach and stir. Let the spinach sit in the hot soup for about 3 minutes to allow it to soften and wilt. Stir again and serve.
- We are not vegetarians so I did use a beef broth because I find that it has such a rich flavor and adds so much depth and taste to the soup. If you are a vegetarian you can substitute for vegetable broth.
- My husband and son like to add a dash or two or three of hot sauce:) They like their food spicy!
- We also like to add some sour cream to our soup. It gives it a nice creamy taste. I use non-dairy, Forager sour cream. Its a great alternative for my dairy free friends.
- SLOW COOKER INSTRUCTIONS: Follow the instructions above and place all the ingredients in the slow cooker, stir everything around. Low heat for 6 hours or high heat for 3 hours. Make sure all the veggies are fork tender. If not add some additional time.
This soup pairs so well with my Roasted Garlic Butter Spread.
How to store and reheat leftovers
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheat leftovers on the stovetop in a saucepan or skillet until warmed through or microwave for 60-90 seconds.
I hope you enjoy this recipe, if you tried my Instant Pot Vegetable Soup please leave me a comment below.
Please check out some other Instant Pot meals:
Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Instant pot
- 1 large Sweet potato
- 1 pound Carrots Chopped
- 1 medium Onion Chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Cauliflower rice Frozen
- 10 ounces Green beans Frozen
- 5 ounces Kale Chopped and frozen
- 5 cups Beef bone broth
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Peel and chop the onions and potatoes. Potatoes should be cut into cubes and onions cut into pieces.
- Press the SAUTE button the Instant Pot and pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into the pot. Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir the onions. Then grate the garlic over the onions. Press the CANCEL button to turn the saute mode off.
- Add sweet potatoes, carrots, cauliflower rice, green beans, kale, tomato paste, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder, and Italian seasonings to the Instant Pot.
- Add broth (veggie, chicken or beef broth, your choice) and stir to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot and make sure to put valve on the SEALED position. Press the MANUAL button and adjust to 25 minutes. It will beep when it is finished cooking. Manually release the pressure by turning the valve to the VENTING position. Remove the lid, stir and serve.
- You can find already chopped veggies in your grocery store if you want to save some time.
- We are not vegetarians so I used beef bone broth because I feel like this add a richness to the soup. If you are a vegetarian you can easily swap for vegetable broth.
- I lay the frozen kale on paper towels on the counter while I prep everything. This helps to absorb some of the liquid. I do not like water down soups.
This was SO easy and delicious!! I have a GF child and she loved it! All 4 of my kids, even my picky eater, loved it! I did not have Italian seasoning so I just added extra garlic salt and some thyme! We added some sour cream and shredded cheese on top and it was a healthy and amazing dinner! Thank you!
Kelly Rodrigue says
Yay! I am so happy everyone liked it! That makes my night! Thank you so much for letting me know! 🙂
Vicky Morton Bryan says
This looks amazing!!! I will definitely be making this with my instant pot in the near future!
I am so happy to hear that! Please let me know how it goes!