These Maple Dijon Sweet Potatoes are the perfect combination of sweet and tangy. An absolute must try! It is an easy side dish recipe.
Maple syrup, dijon, fresh herbs, and simple spices make this dish pop with incredible flavor.
A caramelized, crispy crust makes these roasted sweet potatoes absolutely delicious. So simple and quick to make! BUT over the top with wonderful flavors.
I am always trying to find different ways to jazz up roasted vegetables and this one fit the bill perfectly!
All you need is two staple pantry ingredients and your Maple Dijon Sweet Potatoes will be ready for dinner in a hot second!
The perfect veggie to serve with Chicken, Seafood, Pork or Steak dinners.
These sweet potatoes are wonderful with grilled chicken dishes like Honey, Mustard Chicken or Honey Lime Chicken.
Perfect with Skillet meals like Balsamic Jam Chicken and Honey Garlic Chicken.
I love to top my pizzas with grilled veggies and this is fantastic!
Maple Dijon Sweet Potatoes are also great as a breakfast hash with eggs and a side of bacon! Yummy! Also delicious for lunch. Place on a salad and drizzle with a little balsamic vinaigrette! Oh my, I am getting hungry. 🙂
I use a combination of orange and white sweet potatoes in the dish. There are 2 types that I find. Hannah white sweet potatoes and Japanese white sweet potatoes. I find them in my local stores or in Asian Markets.
I love them because they have the health benefits of a sweet potato but are not as sweet and can trick you into thinking you are eating a regular potato.
Some people had no idea there was a white sweet potato. They are actually called Hannah Sweet Potatoes and you can read about them here. We absolutely love them in our house!
Alright, let’s get in the kitchen and roasted up a bath of these Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes.
How to roast perfect sweet potatoes
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
- First Preheat oven to convention roast at 375 degrees. (See tips for success if you do not have a CONVENTION bake setting)
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add maple syrup and dijon in a bowl and stir together.
- Next Peel and slice potatoes into 1/4 inch pieces and then chop into quarters.
- Then place sweet potatoes on the baking sheet. Drizzle oil on potatoes along with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder and mix well. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, pour sauce down on the potatoes and toss around on the baking sheet.
- Roast for another 15-20 minutes until they crisp up. Serve hot!
Tips for success
- If you do not have a convention oven, place your oven on 425 degrees. Follow instructions above and bake for 10 minutes, then pour the sauce over the potatoes and bake another 15-20 or until your potatoes crisp up. All ovens vary so make sure to keep an eye on them.
- I do not like to drizzle the sauce on the veggies until they are cooked a little. No one likes a soggy vegetable. We want them to have a slight cooked texture. The maple syrup with caramelize them to perfection and create that crispy crust.
- Fresh herbs always add so much flavor to a dish. I love to add fresh thyme and rosemary to these roasted sweet potatoes.
- A finishing salt is always perfect too! This is my favorite brand. When the potatoes come out of the oven just sprinkle a little over the warm potatoes. Just so good!
- You can also love to add some goat cheese, feta, or even small dollops of Boursin cheese to these roasted veggies. It is delish!
- Need a DAIRY FREE option? Violife Parmesan and Feta are amazing!
- I use a combination of white and orange sweet potatoes. If you cannot find them in your stores, regular ones work just the same! There is the proof! Ha! Still so good!!
How to store and reheat leftovers
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Microwave: Place Maple Dijon Sweet Potatoes on a microwave safe plate. Reheat leftovers for up to 90 seconds.
Oven: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place roasted sweet potatoes on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and reheat for 5-8 minutes or until they are nice and crispy again.
I hope you enjoyed my version of Maple Dijon Sweet Potatoes, please leave a comment and review below if you have made them.
Please check out some of my other recipes:
Maple Dijon Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- 2 large sweet potatoes (white or orange sweet potatoes)
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Thyme or Rosemary Optional : sprinkle after baking
- Preheat oven to convention bake at 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl add maple syrup and dijon. Stir well and set aside. (Please see notes if you do not have a convention setting)
- Peel and slice the potatoes. Slice into 1/4 inch cubes. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place your potatoes on the baking sheet.
- Add oil, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder and stir around on the baking sheet and toss around to make sure they all have oil and seasoning.
- Place potatoes in the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes add sauce to the potatoes and toss to mix them well. Bake another 15-20 minutes. Oven temps vary so check them after 15 minutes. Serve hot!
- I used half orange and half white sweet potatoes. If you do not have access to white sweet potatoes you can easily use the regular ones. I do it both ways. Not a big deal at all.
- If you do not have a convention bake option on your oven that’s ok also. Place your oven to 425 degrees. Bake 10 minutes, pour the sauce down on top and bake another 15-20 minutes. Oven temps vary so please check on them. They will crisp up when finished baking.
Leave a Reply