Holy moly guys, this Perfect Air Fryer Salmon is amazing!
Wild caught Sockeye Salmon with roasted garlic butter, fresh lemon and herbs topped with a gluten free crust and air fried to perfection! What is there not to love!
Hello tastebuds!! My tummy is doing the happy dance. There is nothing better when flavor combinations just come to life. The perfect crunch of toasted breadcrumbs. The fresh squeezed lemon juice that blends with the Italian flavors of the Roasted Garlic Butter. Just mouth watering perfection.
The best part about this Perfect Air Fryer Salmon, it literally took 12 minutes from start to finish!!! Yup, who can argue with that?? I just love the air fryer!
My families eyes lit up on the first bite! My son said “Wow, this salmon has got some flavor!” I chuckled. This one has been on the monthly recipe rotation ever since. That says something when you are a food blogger and constantly trying to improve and create new recipes. 🙂
A light and flavorful dish that has simple, wholesome ingredients!
The air fryer just produces the best, juiciest and most flavorful meals. I have yet to try a recipe that just didn’t taste wonderful! My Airy Fryer Chicken is another example of a simple yet delicious meal.
Remember that Roasted Garlic Butter Spread I made? If not check it out. I had some spread left over and I knew what must be done! I love when an idea just comes to life!
Don’t have time to make the Roasted Garlic Butter Spread? Check out my Tips for Success for another quick and easy option.
Alright, let me show you the miracle of the Perfect Air Fryer Salmon.
Step by step instructions
- First place salmon on a plate, remove any excess moisture off the salmon. Just dab with a paper towel.
- Next add salt and pepper to the salmon.
- Then add the Roasted Garlic Butter Spread to your salmon, then place gluten free breadcrumbs on top of the butter spread. (I like to coat the entire piece of Salmon.) See Tips for Success below if you have not made the Roasted Garlic Butter Spread.
- Finally Place the salmon in your air fryer and spray with cooking spray.
- Cook your salmon on 400 degrees for 8 minutes. I squeezed a slice of lemon over the top of this Perfect Air Fryer Salmon. Enjoy!
Tips for success
- Your garlic butter needs to be at room temperature so it can spread easily onto the salmon. You can warm this up in the microwave for about 10 seconds if you forget to set it out.
- If you have not made my Roasted Garlic Butter Spread, well you should! Ha! But if not, you can use a garlic butter and add a tablespoon of parmesan cheese. Place the soften garlic butter on the salmon and then add the gluten free breadcrumbs on top of the garlic butter/parmesan spread. Follow the same cooking instructions.
- If you do not have fresh lemons, you can use a few dashes of bottled lemon juice.
What to serve with salmon
- Pair this with Instant Pot Rice or keep it low carb with Italian Cauliflower Rice.
- Serve with some fresh spinach or Steamed Green Beans and your dinner is done in under 30 minutes!
- Roasted Veggies is another great option and perfect for meal prepping for the week!
How to store and reheat leftovers
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat in the microwave or Air Fryer.
Microwave: Place salmon on a microwave safe plate. Heat for 60-90 seconds or until warm.
Air Fryer: Place salmon back in the air fryer for 1 minute to reheat.
I hope you enjoyed this Perfect Air Fryer Salmon recipe, please leave a comment below if you have tried it!
Please check out some of my other easy weeknight recipes.
Perfect Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
- Air fryer
- 1 piece Salmon
- 2 tablespoons Roasted Garlic Butter Spread
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 slice Lemon (squeezed over the top of cooked salmon)
- Place salmon on a plate and pat dry with a paper towel to remove the excess moisture.
- Add salt and pepper to the salmon. Next add the garlic butter spread and then place breadcrumbs on top of the butter spread.
- Place salmon in the air fryer and cook on 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Squeeze a slice of lemon over the top. Enjoy!
- If you have not made my Roasted Garlic Butter Spread, you can use garlic butter. You will also need to add 1 tablespoon of parmesan cheese to the top of the garlic butter. Then add the breadcrumbs.
- If you do not have any fresh lemons that is ok. Add a dash of lemon juice or you can skip this step. I just prefer the fresh taste of the lemon.