Pineapple Jalapeno Rice is the perfect side dish to serve with steak or chicken.
It’s a flavored rice recipe that includes crushed pineapple, jalapenos and lime juice that comes together in less than 10 minutes with cooked rice!
While making a marinade for my teriyaki chicken recipe I decided to create a side dish to compliment it. After testing out a few different ingredients, pineapple jalapeno rice was born!
This recipe is just so simple, but oh so yummy. It’s totally kid approved!
With just a few simple ingredients, you can make this flavored rice recipe that your family is going to love. It is so fresh with lots of flavor!
I love the sweetness of the pineapple with the spicy bite of the jalapeno and the zingy citrus flavor from the lime. My mouth is starting to water just talking about it!
Because we are utilizing leftover cooked rice, it only takes about 10 minutes to throw together, which is a win in my book!
As always, its gluten free and makes the perfect Asian or Hawaiian side dish for chicken and steak recipes.
Ok enough talk, lets make this Pineapple Jalapeno Rice dish!
Step by step instructions
- Chop and remove seeds from the jalapeno. (This takes the heat out!)
- Take 1 tablespoon ghee (butter) and place in a skillet on medium heat. Cook jalapeno’s for 4 minutes
- Add crushed pineapple to the jalapenos and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add rice, salt, pepper, lime juice, and pineapple juice to the skillet. Cook on low for 3-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley over the pineapple jalapeno rice and serve hot. That is it!
Tips for success
- When chopping jalapenos do not touch the seeds!! They will make your hands burn for hours, trust me I have done this too many times. I promise you it is no fun!
- If you’re looking for a spicy rice recipe, leave the jalapeno seeds in!
- The best thing I did was buy this jalapeno tool. It is worth the $6. It works perfectly!
- I found a great organic, jasmine cooked rice in the freezer section at Trader Joe’s. So I literally had this done in under 10 minutes. (If you need to cook rice from scratch, you’ll need to add about 30 more minutes onto the prep time.)
How to store and reheat leftovers
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Freeze rice in a zip loc bag and remove as much air as possible. Thaw before serving and reheat in a pan with a tablespoon of ghee (butter) on medium heat. Reheat until it completely defrosts and ready to serve.
- Reheat in the microwave for 60-90 seconds.
Check out some of my other recipes that go perfectly with this flavorful side dish:
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Please comment below if you have tried this side dish!
Pineapple Jalapeno Rice Recipe
- 1 large Jalapeno seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon Ghee butter
- 2 cups Cooked rice
- 1/2 cup Crushed pineapple
- 1/4 cup Pineapple juice
- 1/2 Lime (juiced)
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 tablespoon Chopped parsley
- Remove the seeds of the jalapeno. Chop into small pieces.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ghee to a skillet on medium heat. Place chopped jalapenos in the skillet and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add crushed pineapple and saute for another 2 minutes. Add rice, salt, pepper, lime juice, and pineapple juice. Cook on low for 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve hot.
- Do not touch the jalapeno seeds. They will make your hands burn for hours. Use a jalapeno tool to remove the seeds.
- If you do not have a tool, you a knife or spoon to remove the seeds.
- I found an organic, jasmine cooked rice in the freezer section at Trader Joe’s. It was perfect for this dish!
Amy Duska says
Had this with the teriyaki chicken, so delicious and easy. I love your recipes!!
Kelly Rodrigue says
Awe, thanks! That means the world to me. Thanks for leaving a comment.
Aaron Schroeder says
If I could put 10 stars, I would. I never would have thought to put jalapeños and pineapple in rice, but the combination of flavors was on point. My 8 and 9 year olds devoured it and were begging for seconds. Highly recommended!
Kelly Rodrigue says
Yahoo!! I love when that happens! So happy everyone enjoyed the rice!