Calling all Pizza fans and cheese lovers! This is my tried and true Pizza Dip that will win the hearts of all pizza and dip dippers. This delicious recipe is gluten free, keto, and I’ve included a diary free option too!
“Pizza Dip!” is all you need to say to have my gang running to the kitchen. The best part of this appetizer you ask?? It requires 3 simple ingredients and your imagination and of course!
This appetizer is magical and no, I am not exaggerating! I have NEVER met a soul that doesn’t roll their eyes into the back of their head when they take the first bite!
I usually make a double batch of this pizza dip for a party because it’s always THE FIRST thing to be gone from the appetizer table, 100% of the time!
Cream cheese, pizza sauce (low carb sauce for you keto lovers), cheese, and bacon (well whatever topping you want) and a few minutes in the microwave and you have a delicious appetizer! Seriously, what is there not to LOVE?!
I am not kidding one bit! It doesn’t matter the variations or toppings I add to this pizza dip, my guests will inhale it!
This dip is SO easy to make that my son (who claims that I make everything better, lets be real he just doesn’t want to cook) will whip this up for his friends. They think he is a genius! I, of course, let him run with it 🙂
The Pizza Dip is great to serve with fresh cut veggies (peppers, celery, carrots) for my low carb Keto friends, and a variety of chips, gluten free bagels, breads, and pretzels for my other guests.
Check out the TIPS FOR SUCCESS SECTION on how to turn this dip into an easy quick lunch for you and your kiddos plus a DAIRY FREE Option!
Step by step instructions
- Place your bacon in the skillet and cook until it is the way you like it (crispy or chewy).
- Place your block of cheese in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 30 seconds and smooth the cream cheese around the dish.
- Add your pizza sauce on top of the cream cheese
- Add cheese, Italian seasonings and whatever toppings you would like. I added bacon and spring onions to this one.
- Microwave for about 2 minutes and 30 seconds until the cheese is all melted and bubbly. Serve your pizza dip hot!
Tips for success
- This pizza dip can be made DAIRY FREE! You can use a diary free cream cheese (Kite Hill makes a great one). There are also non-dairy shredded cheese available too.
- Leave the cream cheese on the counter for about 30 minutes before you start. It just softens a little and makes it easier to spread.
- You can use whatever “toppings” you enjoy! Make it a supreme pizza with peppers, sausage and pepperoni.
- You can easily do a BBQ chicken pizza and substitute the pizza sauce with BBQ sauce. The ideas are endless!
This also makes for the perfect lunch for kiddos!
Grab a GF bagel and toast it up a little bit. Add cream cheese, pizza sauce, cheese and some pepperonis (or whatever you and your little ones like) and place back in the toaster oven. Toast until the cheese is melted. They will love it!! Add some fruit and your lunch is complete!
Another tip: DO NOT leave this appetizer around teenage boys if you need to share it with a group. It will not last. I do speak from experience 🙂
Check out this article on Food Network, they give you 50 different pizza ideas. These would be some fun options for your pizza dip!
How to store leftovers
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheat leftovers in the oven at 350 degrees until melted and bubbly or microwave for 90 seconds.
Please check out some other yummy appetizers:
If you made this gluten free pizza dip, I would love your feedback and comment below!
Pizza Dip Recipe
- Microwave safe dish
- 8 ounce Cream cheese 1 block of cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup Pizza sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasonings
- 4 pieces bacon chopped
- 2 tablespoons Spring onion
- Cook 4 pieces of bacon in a frying pan. Chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Place a block of cream cheese in a microwave safe dish. Melt for 30 seconds to smooth the cream cheese all over the glass dish.
- Add the pizza sauce and cover the cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese down on top. Add your toppings (bacon to this recipe) and put it in the microwave for 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Add 30 seconds if needed until the cheese melts. Sprinkle with spring onions and serve hot!
- I like to leave the cream cheese on the counter for about 30 minutes before I make the pizza dip. It helps to soften it up a bit.
- If you are using dairy free ingredients, you can use the same steps above. Just substitute for diary free cream cheese and dairy free shredded cheese.