I love a good roasted garlic butter spread. All the flavors just made my tummy so happy!
Beautiful roasted garlic, sharp parmesan cheese, fresh herbs, smooth butter, and a “secret” ingredient that just makes this garlic bread pure and utter perfection!
Did you know when you roast garlic it becomes almost sweet, nutty and mellow? No garlic breath when you eat this! Ha! It turns spreadable and almost creamy. Yum, Yum!
Secret Ingredient, you ask? Mayo! Nothing fancy but so simple and just makes this deliciousness all come together!
Not only is this Roasted Garlic Spread fantastic on bread but it is perfect layered on top of chicken breast, chicken thighs, and salmon. You should check out my Air Fryer Salmon recipe (you can also bake it in the oven). You will never want to eat salmon any other way!
This roasted garlic butter spread is just delicious on gluten free baguettes, bread, rolls, or any gluten free bread you can get your hands on! Your Italian meals and soups will never be the same again.
Load up your Spaghetti Pasta bowls, Chicken Soup, Potato Soup, and Tomato Soup recipes and get ready to dunk those beautiful, yummy bread pieces!
Take your ordinary grilled cheese and make it extraordinary. Slather a little Roasted Garlic Butter Spread and turn up the notch on those sandwiches. Makes those BLT sandwiches a little more exciting!
Roasted garlic in general is perfect for burgers, steak, and salad dressings. It will just turn your dish up a few notches in the flavor department.
I think you get the drift of all the wonderful ways we can use this butter spread. I mean the possibilities are endless. So let’s get this started!
Step by step instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice just the top of a large garlic bulb. Place on parchment paper and aluminum foil. (I do not like the aluminum foil to touch my food). Drizzle with a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Wrap the garlic and place on a baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and open the garlic and set aside too cool. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- In a glass bowl, combine butter, mayo, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, and roasted garlic cloves
- Mix together. The roasted garlic will just break apart into small pieces as you stir the ingredients.
- Add parmesan cheese to the roasted garlic butter spread and combine real well.
- Spread the roasted garlic butter spread to your bread of choice! Be generous with your spread.
- Place the bread in the oven and toast for 20-25 minutes.
Tips for success
- When you remove the roasted garlic from the oven and it has a chance too cool, open the garlic. It will be soft and look golden brown. All you have to do is squeeze the garlic from the bottom into the bowl with the other ingredients. The garlic will literally just slip out.
- The roasted garlic will add a creaminess to your dish.
- You can store any leftovers in the fridge. It will last 7-10 days in the fridge.
- I love the Against the Grain baguettes when you need a quick and easy option. Most grocery stores carry this in the frozen food bread. section. We also take their hamburger buns and use them for garlic bread also.
- Check out how I made my Air Fryer Salmon with the leftover spread!
- This Roasted Garlic is perfect for so many meals. I have listed a ton of ways to use this spread above and even gave you some links for great dishes to pair with this spread. Make sure you scroll back up and take a look! 🙂
Did you know that garlic has some great health benefits? This article will give you some great info!
How to store and reheat leftovers
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Microwave: Place bread on a microwave safe plate and reheat for 30 seconds or heated through.
Toasted Oven: Place bread in a toaster oven and heat on 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes or until heated all the way through. Nice, warm, and crisp again!
I hope you enjoyed this recipe! Please leave a comment if you made this Roasted Garlic Butter Spread.
Please check out some of my other dishes:
Roasted Garlic Butter Spread Recipe
- Parchment paper lined baking sheet
- 1 Bulb of garlic
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Butter 1 stick
- 3 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice the top of a large bulb of garlic. Place garlic bulb on a piece of parchment paper. I have a piece of aluminum foil under the parchment paper. Drizzle with a teaspoon of olive oil. Wrap tightly. Put garlic on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove cooked garlic from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees. Once cooled, open the garlic. It should look golden brown.
- In a glass bowl add softened butter, parsley, roasted garlic, mayo and salt. Stir to make sure it is all mixed together well. Add parmesan cheese to the mix and stir again.
- Take the roasted garlic butter and spread it on your bread of choice. Make sure to add a good amount. Bake 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!
- The roasted garlic will be so soft and add a creaminess to your spread.
- When you are adding it to the spread, take the garlic from the bottom and just squeeze all the garlic into the dish. It will literally just slip out.
- Place leftovers in a sealed container.
Yum. Love me some garlic bread
Kelly Rodrigue says