Roasted Pimento Cheese Dip, a twist on the good old classic southern dish!
Traditional pimento cheese, roasted green chilis, red peppers, and corn baked to creamy, ooey gooey cheese perfection. I mean, does it get any better?
You can keep this dip mild or spice it up depending on the green chilis you use. Choose the one you and your family would like the best!
It is perfect to pair with crackers, potato chips, tortilla chips, carrots, celery, sliced peppers, and cucumbers. It is also amazing with a good gluten free toasted bread!
I have also topped grilled chicken with this roasted pimento cheese dip and it is truly divine! I have added grilled steak and the cheese dip to quesadillas. Pan sear it and it is unbelievable!
I needed an easy dip to bring to a party and I didn’t have much time, and to this an idea was born! A few simple ingredients, little to no prep time and you can have this appetizer ready!
You can also add a few dashes of liquid smoke to recreate a smokey flavor to your dip. Like a smoked cheddar cheese! Oh my! 🙂
Semi-homemade Roasted Pimento Cheese Dip is perfect for your family gatherings, BBQs, parties, and special events. Quick, easy and absolutely delicious!!
My son, who isn’t a fan of pimento cheese, inhaled this dish. All he saw was a hot cheese dip and went in with his chip. His response was priceless. I wish I had captured a picture. You know the saying… A picture is worth a thousand words! 🙂
Alright I believe I have convinced you enough, let’s get started and make this beautiful dip! Ha!
Step by step instructions
- Place oil, green chilis, roasted red peppers and corn in a skillet on medium/high heat. Sauté until corn is golden, about 4-5 minutes
- Combine roasted veggies with your pimento cheese. Add a few dashes of liquid smoke for a smokey taste (optional) and stir.
- Put roasted pimento cheese dip in an oven safe dish and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Optional: sprinkle some shredded cheese on top for a nice “crust”.
- Remove from the oven and serve with your favorite sides!
Tips for success
- I love nothing better then a good homemade Pimento Cheese. But if you are in a hurry this is my favorite store brand of Pimento Cheese.
- Make sure to keep stirring those veggies. You want to have a nice char on the corn, peppers, and green chilis.
- Because this recipe has mayo in it, I did dab the top of it when it came out of the oven to soak up some of the oil on top.
- You can store the dip IF you have leftovers in the fridge for a week. 🙂
How to store leftovers
Store leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Here are tips and FAQs on how long to keep your roasted pimento cheese dip.
Microwave: Place dip in a microwave safe dish. Heat for 60-90 seconds or until nice and bubbly.
Oven: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place dip in an oven safe dish. Reheat for about 5 minutes or until nice and bubbly.
I hope you enjoyed Roasted Pimento Cheese Dip. If you have tried this recipe please leave a comment and review below.
Please check out some of my other appetizers:
Roasted Pimento Cheese Dip Recipe
- Oven safe dish
- 12 ounces Pimento cheese
- 1/2 cup Corn
- 1/3 cup Roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup Mild chopped green chilis
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Shredded cheese optional
- 4 dashes Liquid smoke (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place oil in a skillet on medium/high heat.
- Place corn, roasted red peppers, and green chilis in the skillet. Roast until the veggies have a nice golden color.
- Mix the pimento cheese and roasted veggies together and place in an oven safe dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes.