Instant Pot Creamy Potato Soup Recipe
This thick and creamy gluten free Instant Pot potato soup is delicious and easy! It also has a DAIRY FREE option so it is a crowd pleaser for all!
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 pounds yukon gold potatoes (keep skin on)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large onion
- 3 gloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons ghee (butter)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream full fat canned coconut milk for dairy free
- 1/4 cup sweet marsala wine optional but highly recommended
- 2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
Chop your onion and potatoes into 1 inch cubes and pieces and set aside.
Press the SAUTE mode on the Instant Pot. Add bacon and cook until desired crispness. Chop and set aside.
Keep the Instant Pot on SAUTE mode and add the ghee (butter) in the Instant Pot along with your chopped onions. Cook onions for 5 minutes, stir during this process.
Press the CANCEL button to turn off the SAUTE function. Add the potatoes, broth, marsala, salt, pepper, smoked paprika. Stir well.
Place the lid on and turn the vent to the SEALED position. Press the MANUAL button and set timer for 22 minutes. Once the Instant Pot peeps that it is finished cooking, naturally release the pressure by turning the vent to the VENTING position.
Remove the lid and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth and creamy. Add the heavy cream and stir to combine. Stir in bacon. Serve topped with chopped chives and shredded cheese.
- Make sure you blend all the potatoes if you want to have it nice and creamy.
- Before you seal the pot, make sure to stir everything. This will avoid things sticking to the bottom and not getting to full pressure.
- You can substitute the heavy cream for canned full fat coconut milk to make this soup diary free.
Calories: 438kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1578mg | Potassium: 1195mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 612IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 109mg | Iron: 8mg