Banana Pudding Recipe
This easy, creamy delicious banana pudding is GLUTEN FREE and so quick to make. A few simple ingredients and I promise you will have a crowd pleaser!
Hand held mixer
9x13 pan or trifold dish
- 2 cups Almond milk
- 3.5 ounces Vanilla pudding cook not instant
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg yolk
- 14 ounces Condensed milk
- 8 ounces Cream cheese room temperature
- 12 ounces Whipped cream or whipped topping
- 2-3 large bananas
- 1-2 boxes gluten free vanilla wafers
In a saucepan on medium heat, combine almond milk, pudding, vanilla, and egg yolk. Whisk together to make sure that it is well combined. Stir constantly until the mixture comes to a boil. Cook 1 additional minute. The pudding will thicken up. Remove from the stove.
Combine room temperature cream cheese and condensed milk in a large bowl. Use a handheld mixer and beat together until smooth.
Combine pudding and cream cheese/condensed milk together. Use a handheld mixer and beat the two together until you have a nice thick pudding. Let the pudding cool (about 10 minutes in the fridge).
Use a 9x13 pan or a trifold dish and start to layer. Place a layer of cookies on the bottom, place sliced bananas on top of the cookies. Next add pudding to cover the cookies. Then gently spread whipped topping over the pudding and repeat until you have used all the ingredients.
Let chill in the fridge, covered, for about 2 hours to allow all the layers set.
- Make sure to continually stir you pudding on the stove. We do not want to scramble the egg yolk. We want it to remain nice and smooth.
- You can use any type milk you have in the house. You can use regular milk, almond milk, or coconut milk. I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk and it turns out perfect!
- Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature so it is easier to make your pudding mixture.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 255mg | Potassium: 326mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 36g | Vitamin A: 687IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 233mg | Iron: 1mg