Air Fryer Chicken Recipe
Healthy twist on fried chicken. This air fryer chicken is perfectly crisp! It is easy and so flavorful! A few ingredients and on your table in minutes.
- 1 pound Chicken breasts cut into slices or pieces
- 1/2 cup sauce or marinade of choice ranch, Italian, BBQ
- 1 1/4 cup Gluten free bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese Nutritional Yeast (dairy free)
- 2 tablespoons Chopped dried onion flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pepper divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
Place chicken on parchment paper. Slice into stripes or pieces Add 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder to the chicken.
Put Chicken in a zip loc bag and pour sauce over the chicken. Let it marinate a minimum of 2 hours. The longer the better.
Place breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese (nutritional yeast), salt, pepper, dried onion in a bowl. Remove 1 chicken piece at a time and press into the breadcrumb mixture. Make sure to really coat each piece.
Once you have breaded all the chicken pieces, spray the oil over the chicken. Place oil side down into the air fryer basket, spray the other side. Both sides should now have oil on them.
Press the power button on the air fryer and select the chicken setting. Half way through cooking, pause air fryer and flip chicken over. Press start and finish cooking until it beeps that time is up.
- OVEN "FRIED" OPTION: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Make sure to follow all the steps above. Instead of placing the chicken in the Air Fryer, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place chicken strips on the baking sheet. Make sure they are sprayed with the cooking spray. Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Time will depend on the thickness of your chicken pieces.
- I like to marinate the chicken in the morning before the work day starts. This make the chicken very tender!
- Make sure that you have enough breadcrumbs on your chicken. When you are breading make sure to press down. After you spray the oil on the chicken, you can always add a little more breadcrumbs to the chicken pieces.
- Be gentle when flipping your chicken pieces. You do not want the breading to fall off. If some does come off, respray and add some leftover breadcrumbs to the chicken.
Calories: 248kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 1045mg | Potassium: 438mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 54IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1mg