Bacon Wrapped Chicken Recipe
This sweet, savory, and smokey bacon wrapped chicken will disappear quickly. It is gluten free and easy to make for an appetizer or dinner. A perfect dish!
- 1.5 pounds Chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 package bacon 12 ounces
- 2/3 cup Coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and then place wire rack on top.
Cut chicken into 1 inch cube pieces. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Mix coconut sugar, chili powder, and smoked paprika together in a bowl.
Open bacon and slice bacon into thirds. (Each piece will become 3 small pieces).
Take a piece of chicken and wrap a small piece of bacon around it. Place tooth pick in the seam to make sure they are wrapped together. Dunk the pieces into the coconut sugar mixture. Coat really well and place on wire rack. Repeat this process until all pieces have been wrapped with bacon.
Place in the oven and bake for 30-33 minutes.
- You can substitute coconut sugar for brown sugar. I feel coconut sugar is a better option and most stores carry it in the baking isle.
- If you have any leftover chicken pieces, dunk them in the coconut sugar mixture and place on the baking sheet. They still taste good :)
Calories: 502kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 121mg | Sodium: 892mg | Potassium: 617mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 934IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg