Air Fryer Onion Rings Recipe
The ultimate gluten free and paleo air fried onion ring. They are delicious! A healthy, tasty twist on the original deep fried version.
- 3 large Sweet onions
- 1/3 cup Coconut milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoon Yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup Cassava flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
In a bowl, mix the cassava flour, salt, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika together and set aside.
In a different bowl mix the coconut milk, egg, and yellow mustard together and set aside.
Slice the onions in rings. Place the sliced onion rings in the coconut milk mixture and coat them well.
In small batches place the onions brings into the flour mixture and then place into the air fryer basket. Spray the oil over the onion rings.
Place air fryer on 325 degrees for 11-12 minutes. Repeat until all the onions are air fried.
- Make sure you do not crowd the air fryer basket. You want to make sure you get the onion rings nice and crispy.
- The onion rings will reheat in the toaster oven nicely. Place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Hit the toaster setting and they will crisp up.
Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 859mg | Potassium: 262mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 286IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 2mg