Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
Teriyaki Chicken is such a yummy chicken dish! Three ingredients make this recipe amazing. Its quick and easy and packed full of flavor. It is a crowd please 100% of the time. Five minute, simple to make marinade! Perfect for chicken breasts, thigh, or wings! Also makes for great chicken and rice bowls.
Garlic press or grater
- 1.5 pounds Chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce (gluten free)
- 1/3 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/4 cup Chopped spring onions
- 1 tablespoon Fresh ginger (about an inch long)
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Zest of 1 lime
- 1 Juice of lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
In a glass bowl, add teriyaki sauce, pineapple juice, lime zest, lime juice, spring onions, grated ginger and garlic in a bowl and set aside.
Place chicken on parchment paper and add 1 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to the chicken.
Place chicken in a zip loc bag and pour marinade down on top of the chicken. Marinate for as long as possible. 6-8 hours is ideal.
Grill on LOW HEAT for 8 minutes per side.
- A meat thermometer comes in handy when grilling. We tend to use thin chicken. If you prefer thick chicken breasts your grilling times will vary. You want to make sure the internal temperature of your chicken is 165 degrees.
- I prefer not to have a soy based marinade. If that does not bother you, you can use another Gluten Free teriyaki marinade for the base.
Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 1440mg | Potassium: 497mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 34IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg