Italian Cauliflower Rice Recipe
This Italian cauliflower rice dish is gluten free and Paleo. It is a flavor packed dish with simple, fresh and clean ingredients. Cooks up in 15 minutes.
- 2 cups (heaping) Cauliflower rice frozen
- 2 tablespoons Garlic butter
- 1/4 cup Parsley
- 1 Lemon zested
- 1/2 Lemon juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
Place 2 tablespoons ghee (butter) in a skillet and put on medium to high heat. Add the frozen cauliflower rice. Mix the butter and "rice" together. Try and make it evenly dispersed throughout the pan. You want to sear the rice to get a good texture on the outside of it. Stir every 2 minutes.
After 5 minutes, add the lemon zest and lemon juice, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Cook another 5-7 minutes. Your cauliflower rice will be nice and "toasted".
Add chopped parsley and stir. You can garnish with parmesan, goat, or feta cheese if you would like!
- Make sure your pan is really hot. Frozen cauliflower rice can get mushy real fast. Personally I just can't do it!! It's a texture thing for me.
- The hot pan will sear the "rice" and will have a more firm texture.
- We need that moisture to evaporate.
- Place leftovers in an air tight container and they will last 3-5 days.
Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 367mg | Potassium: 260mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 491IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg