Maple Dijon Sweet Potatoes Recipe
These maple dijon sweet potatoes (gluten free) are the perfect taste combination. A flavorful twist to to your side dish. Sweet and savory hits the spot!
- 2 large sweet potatoes (white or orange sweet potatoes)
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Thyme or Rosemary Optional : sprinkle after baking
Preheat oven to convention bake at 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl add maple syrup and dijon. Stir well and set aside. (Please see notes if you do not have a convention setting)
Peel and slice the potatoes. Slice into 1/4 inch cubes. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place your potatoes on the baking sheet.
Add oil, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder and stir around on the baking sheet and toss around to make sure they all have oil and seasoning.
Place potatoes in the oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes add sauce to the potatoes and toss to mix them well. Bake another 15-20 minutes. Oven temps vary so check them after 15 minutes. Serve hot!
- I used half orange and half white sweet potatoes. If you do not have access to white sweet potatoes you can easily use the regular ones. I do it both ways. Not a big deal at all.
- If you do not have a convention bake option on your oven that's ok also. Place your oven to 425 degrees. Bake 10 minutes, pour the sauce down on top and bake another 15-20 minutes. Oven temps vary so please check on them. They will crisp up when finished baking.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 719mg | Potassium: 607mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 24118IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg