Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie
Perfect Gluten Free Chocolate Chip cookies (dairy free options). A super easy, soft and chewy chocolate chip cookie. Melt in your mouth! A must try recipe!
- 1 1/3 cup Gluten Free Flour 1:1 Flour
- 1/2 cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 stick Butter (Room Temperature)
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Egg
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups Chocolate Chips
Remove a stick of butter from the fridge. Your butter MUST be room temperature (this is important).
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, add coconut sugar, sugar, butter, egg, and vanilla. With a handheld mixer, beat these ingredients until they are nice and smooth. This should take about a minute. Add flour and baking soda and mix again. Mix until you get a thick cookie batter. Do not over mix! Add chocolate chips and fold them into the batter. Try not to over mix the chocolate chips as well.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add about 1 tablespoon of cookie dough and roll into a ball. Once you add 12 cookies to the pan, flatten each one down just a little. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Repeat for leftover cookie dough. This will make 24 regular size cookies.
Remove from oven and let cool about 2-3 minutes on the warm pan. Enjoy!
- I use a Gluten Free 1:1 Ratio Flour. Make sure to look for that when shopping. My favorites are Bob Mill and King Arthur.
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature. This is important.
- You can easily make this dairy free by using ghee instead of butter and using dairy free chocolate chips like Enjoy Life.
- Gluten Free flour can be tricky. I like to flatten the dough just a bit to make sure that I have a perfect round mid height cookie. Not a ball and not flat as a pancake:)
Calories: 143kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 96mg | Potassium: 3mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 153IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg