Balsamic Jam Chicken
Balsamic Jam Chicken is a one pan simple recipe. A healthy chicken dinner with delicious fresh flavor. You can use chicken breasts or thighs in this super easy recipe. You can use blackberry, cherry, blueberry, raspberry or a combo of different jams to make this dish divine.
- 1.5 pounds Chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup All fruit berry jam
- 1/4 cup Spring onions
- 2 tablespoon Ghee
- 3 tablespoon Parsley optional for garnish
- 1/3 cup Cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Avocado oil (or oil of choice)
In a glass measuring cup. Add balsamic, jam, chicken broth, spring onions, and ghee. Stir and set aside.
Place chicken on parchment paper and add salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
Put 2 tablespoons of oil to a pan. Turn the stovetop to medium heat.
Add cassava flour to a bowl. Dredge each piece of chicken in the flour. Place in the heated pan and sear each side for 2 minutes.
Remove chicken from the pan. Add the sauce and scrap all the bit and pieces off the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken back to the pan and cook on each side for 4 minutes. Check to make sure the internal temperature is 165 degrees. Add fresh parsley and serve warm.
- You can substitute the cassava flour for a gluten free flour. Most major stores do carry cassava flour. It has become a popular GF flour. Dr. Axe has some great info on this relatively new flour.
- I always use a dark berry jam for this recipe. So a blackberry, dark cherry, blueberry, or pomegranate jam would be wonderful. I find a power berry jam that combines several of these dark fruits in one jelly. Use an all fruit jelly, no artificial sugars.
- If you do not have fresh parsley, you could also add some fresh rosemary to the dish.
- We like thin chicken breast and thighs in our house. If your family prefers thick chicken breasts or bone-in chicken, you will need to adjust your cooking time. Use your meat thermometer to make sure your internal temperature is 165 degrees.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 599mg | Potassium: 494mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 244IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg