Gluten Free Biscuits
Gluten free biscuits that are light, fluffy, and billowy soft. A simple and easy homemade recipe that is perfect for your sausage gravy or breakfast casseroles. You could easily turn these into garlic cheddar cheese biscuits. A fantastic go to biscuit recipe.
- 2 cups Gluten Free 1:1 Ratio Flour
- 1 cup Heavy whipping cream
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoon Cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a mixing bowl, add 2 eggs and heavy whipping cream and mix together. In a separate bowl add gluten free 1:1 ratio flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder and stir.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Use a hard spoon and stir until a sticky dough forms.
Put a piece of parchment paper on your counter and sprinkle with a little flour. Add dough to the parchment paper. Sprinkle the dough with flavor. This will help to make the dough not sticky ( I used about 2 tablespoons). Work the dough into a nice thick circle, about 3/4 inch thick. The dough will become nice and smooth.
Use your biscuit cutter to make the biscuits. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the biscuits on the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 8 minutes.
You will make 12 normal size biscuits.
- DAIRY FREE OPTION: Instead of heavy whipping cream, use the full fat canned coconut milk.
- You can also substitute the cane sugar for honey.
- Make sure you have a little bowl of flour next to you while you are kneading the dough into a circle to cut the biscuits. It will be slightly sticky. I used about a tablespoon while I was working with this dough.
- If you do not have biscuit cutters, you can take a glass cup face down on the dough. Press into the dough and your circle biscuit is cut.
Calories: 146kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 307mg | Potassium: 15mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 292IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 1mg