Sweet BBQ Thai Marinade
Sweet BBQ Thai Marinade is an easy and healthy recipe. This sauce is perfect for pork, grilled chicken, shrimp, and salmon. A sweet, savory, spicy and garlicky marinade. A fantastic, must try recipe!
- 2 pounds Pork tenderloin
- 1/2 cup Coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup Coconut sugar
- 1 Lime juiced
- 4 Large garlic cloves (6 small)
- 3/4 teaspoon Curry Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
In a glass bowl, add coconut aminos, coconut sugar, lime juice, curry powder and crushed red pepper flakes.
Grate or press the garlic over the bowl. Mix very well. You want the coconut sugar to incorporate into the sauce.
Place the pork tenderloin in a zip loc bag or a bowl. Pour marinade down on top. Place in the fridge for 4-6 hours. The longer the better. You can leave it all day.
Preheat grill to 375 degrees. Grill 15 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reads 170 degrees.
While the tenderloin is cooking, place the marinade in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Boil the marinade for 5-8 minutes. It will reduce and kill any bacteria.
Remove cooked tenderloin from the grill. Let it rest for 10 minutes. Slice and pour reduced marinade down on top. Serve nice and warm.
- If you forget a fresh lime at the store, you can use the squeeze or already juiced kind. Usually in a plastic lime or glass jar. Use 1 tablespoon of lime juice.
- If you like lots of spice and heat, you can increase the crushed red pepper to 1/4 teaspoon.
- I love to sprinkle fresh parsley or cilantro over the pork. Fresh herbs complete a dish!
- If you cannot find coconut sugar in your local store, you can substitute for brown sugar.
- I try to limit soy in my house (just a personal preference), if you don't mind soy you can substitute the coconut aminos for soy sauce.
- A meat thermometer is very hand when you are grilling. Meats can be different size and thickness. This will ensure your meat is cooked all the way through. A pork tenderloin is cooked all the way through when the thermometer reads 170 degrees.
Calories: 250kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 98mg | Sodium: 560mg | Potassium: 602mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 49IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 2mg