Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini bread is delicious. A healthy twist to the double chocolate recipe. Super moist and fluffy with chocolate chips in every bite. A super easy recipe. Makes for great muffins and allergy friendly cupcakes!
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded zucchini
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (Divided)
- 3/4 cup Gluten Free 1:1 ratio flour
- 1/3 cup Cacao powder
- 1/2 cup Evaporated cane sugar (Sugar)
- 1/4 cup Coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup Avocado oil (Oil of choice)
- 1/4 cup Ghee (Butter)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shred zucchini and set aside.
Add gluten free 1:1 ratio flour, cacao, baking soda, and salt to a bowl. Stir everything around.
Melt ghee (Butter) in a glass measuring cup, add oil, eggs, sugar, and coconut sugar. Beat with a fork until it is all combined. Pour into the dry ingredients.
Add shredded zucchini and 3/4 cup chocolate chips to the batter and stir really well. You will have a nice thick batter.
Grease a 9X5 bread loaf pan. I also line the bottom with parchment paper to make it easier to remove from the pan. Pour batter into the loaf pan and sprinkle 1/4 cup chocolate chips over the top. Place in the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes.
Serve nice and warm! Enjoy :)
- DAIRY FREE option: Instead of butter, use Ghee or a dairy free butter substitute. I made this with ghee. I also used dairy free Enjoy Life chocolate chips. That's it. Just switch the 2 ingredients and it will be completely dairy free.
- I shred the zucchini down to the seeds. I leave the seeds because I find that they have the most moisture/water which I do not want. The main part of the veggie is perfect. No one wants soggy bread :)
- The recipe calls for evaporate cane sugar and coconut sugar. They are just a slightly healthier option. You can use regular sugar and brown sugar if that it what is in your pantry. They substitute just perfect.
- I also love to make these as cupcakes. They are perfect for allergy friendly birthday party options. You could skip the chocolate chips on top and spread those beautiful gluten free cupcakes with icing and no one will know the difference. You will have a gluten free, dairy free and nut free cupcake. Win win!!
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 207mg | Potassium: 87mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 71IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 2mg