Sweet & Savory Pot Roast
Sweet & Savory Pot Roast is a simple, delicious and healthy slow cooker recipe. This easy dish has the perfect gravy / sauce that is just so good! Sweet from the jam and maple syrup but tangy and spicy from the dijon and hot sauce. The ghee (butter) creates that smooth finish. It is truly a scrumptious dish! Gluten free and dairy free.
- 3 pounds Chuck roast
- 1/2 cup Dark berry jam
- 3 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Butter (Ghee)
- 2 tablespoons Hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion powder
Place Roast on a piece or parchment paper. Add salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to the top and bottom of the roast.
In a glass bowl, add all the other ingredients. Jam, maple syrup, butter (ghee), hot sauce, balsamic vinegar, coconut aminos and dijon. Stir really well.
Place the seasoned roast in the crock pot and pour the sauce all down on top.
Place the lid on the crock pot and set to high. Let is cook 6-8 hours or until it shreds really easy.
- DAIRY FREE OPTION: Just switch out the butter for ghee or your favorite nondairy butter option.
- The butter or ghee in this sauce gives it a rich bold flavor. Trust me on this one!
- I like to use a dark berry jam. Blueberry, Blackberry, or a mixed of both. This is why favorite one to use from Trader Joes. Just make sure it is all fruit and not loaded with extra sugar.
- Make sure to really season both sides of the roast.
- If you have the time, slower is always better. Mix the sauce the night before. Before you go to work or the littles wake up, place the pot roast in the slow cooker with the sauce and then let it cook all day.
- Or If you are like me and forget, put it on at lunch and it will still be great. :) Haha!
Calories: 427kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 718mg | Potassium: 612mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 22IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 4mg