Gluten Free Vanilla Cake
Gluten Free Vanilla Cake is the best from scratch, homemade recipe. This is a fluffy, moist vanilla cake. A simple and easy recipe to make! Perfect for 3 layer tiered cakes. This gluten free cake recipe is also eggless with dairy free and vegan options.
- 1 1/2 cup Gluten Free 1:1 Ratio Flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 6 tablespoons Ghee (Butter)
- 1 cup Almond Milk (milk of choice)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, add gluten free 1:1 ratio flour, sugar, and baking powder and stir.
In a glass measuring bowl, add butter. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds or until it is melted. You can also melt the butter on the stove. Add vanilla and almond milk and mix everything together.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix really well. It will become a light and fluffy batter.
Spray your cake pan with cooking spray. Cut parchment paper to fix the bottom of your cake pan. (This will help the cake to not stick). Place the parchment paper on the bottom of the pan. Pour the cake mix into your cake pan. Spread to make sure it is nice and even.
Place in the oven and bake for 35-38 minutes. Once it has finished cooking, let it cool before you remove it from the pan. Gently turn the pan upside down and the cake will slide out nice and easy.
- DAIRY FREE OPTION: Instead of using butter, you can use Ghee or a Vegan alternative. Mikoyo is a great option to make this dairy free and Vegan. You can also use almond milk, coconut milk, or any nondairy milk you prefer. That is it. Simple and easy options.
- Gluten Free 1:1 Ratio Flour has been a game changer in gluten free baking. Certain brands have developed a recipe of combining different flours to cook and resemble the same texture as regular flour. I used King Arthur 1:1 (Measure for Measure) flour. Bob Red Mill and Cup 4 Cup are also brands that I use in other recipes. Cup 4 Cup does have milk powder in the ingredients so if you are dairy free that would not be a good option for you.
- Make sure the cake is completely cool before you start to ice your cake. If not the cake will start to crumb and it will get all in your icing. If you let the cake cool, the icing will slide on nice and smooth.
Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 23mg | Sodium: 118mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 1mg